Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pray…and do something!

Let me share to you a story about a man who never experienced to have a girlfriend. Opps! Let me clarify to you that this is not my life story because I had several before; as a matter of fact I cannot count on my finger tips (just kidding!). Actually I heard this story from a priest. So here’s the story:
There was a man who at the age of 39 has not yet experienced to have a girlfriend. He is very depressed because he is not getting any younger. Out of depression he prayed to God.

He said:

“Lord, tomorrow will be my birthday. I’m turning 40 but you see I don’t have any girlfriend and I never experience to have one. Lord, why are you doing this to me? I’ve been good and faithful to you. I’ve been a loving person…but why is it that I never had any girlfriend?”

In the midst of the prayer of this man, a voice was heard.

The voice said:

“Pedro, you want to have a girlfriend but you never courted anyone!”

What is the moral of the story?

Well, sometimes or most of the time we love to pray to God to give us this and that but we never do anything to materialize what we are asking from Him. I remember just last week, I went to confession. I arrived at the church full of enthusiasm, but to my dismay there was no priest available. Imagine, I waited there for several hours waiting for someone to approach me to ask what on earth am I doing there but there was no one who ask that question and so I decided to leave. I told myself that I will just comeback the next day.
The following day, I found myself in the same church and with the same feeling to have a dialogue with God. When I was there, I once again waited for almost one and one half hour gazing and counting the lizards at the ceiling of the church. But again to my dismay no one approached me to ask the same question. Suddenly, an angel perhaps, told me to push the red button near the confessionary box, and then I realized that I have to push the red button (it is a signal for the priest that someone wants to confess.) suddenly, a priest came out with his stole in his hands; looking for the person who pushed that magic button. Finally, I was able to confess.
Just like with the first story, if we want something to happen on the things that we are dreaming or asking God, we have to work for it! You see, it would just take me twenty minutes to confess if I have just pushed that magic button near the confessionary box. Perhaps I did not waste the one hour and ten minutes gazing and counting the lizards inside the church.
My message? If we keep on praying to God but do nothing for the attainment of our prayers, I’m sure God will never listen to our prayers! So next time if we ask God why He seems deaf to our prayers let us ask ourselves first what did we do so that our prayers will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
i'm a person who loves to do many things!